How To Increase Profits
The plan is to take what we’ve already learnt and break it down, to micromanage the individual steps that can be applied in your business to immediately increase profits. How many of you prefer to learn:
- A lot of things each week?
- Just one or two simple concepts each week that you can implement immediately?
70% like it simple.
One trick you can use to multiply your profits has to do with sending emails. It has doubled the open rates simply by sending an additional email and changing the subject line.
With a list of 25,000 subscribers the old open rate was about 10% or 2,500 people. When using this new method the open rate is 17% to 20% or 5,000 opens, so let’s break that down.
- Double the open rate means an extra 2,500 opens.
- If the click thru rate is 40% then that’s an extra 1,000 clicks (0.4 * 2,500).
- If each click is worth $.50 to $1 then conservatively those extra opens are worth $500 (1,000 * $0.5).
Strategy – Send Two Emails Six Hours Apart
A lot of times especially during holiday season email gets buried, so ones at the bottom are typically not opened. This strategy increases the likelihood that your email will be seen and opened.
- Step 1: Send email one as usual at 10 AM;
- Step 2: Send the second email six hours later to non-opens at 4 PM.
In the subject line put (Resending) followed by the original subject, the body is the same as the first email. The other good thing about this strategy is you don’t have to write a new email, just modify the subject line.
From your autoresponder analytics look for the unopened emails and send that group the second email.
Email the non-openers the original email body with a new subject line.
One of the reasons it works so well is because when people see the email is resent they feel they missed something so they open it.
Key – Always be testing!
When we write email we often take our personality out but that’s not how we normally talk in a conversation so be sure to keep YOU in your email.